There are various ways to keep your body fit and active. However, if you are facing any complication in push ups and cannot perform this exercise normally then you need to look out these below given tips which can make your efforts fruitful. Read to know what is the best way to do push ups.
If asked to most of the exercise experts and physicians, they would rather say to build shoulder and tricep muscles. However, you need to know about the correct form of push ups that are based on fitness level. You can carry on your exercises at home without any instruments to stay healthy and fit. To maintain good physics, it is not important to join a gym or work out with instruments. So, try single floor push up. Before you directly start with push up by lying on the floor, try to jump and make your muscles flexible to take up other bodily activities easily. It is called as warm up of body where muscles get warmed up for easy movements.
For push ups you should try first with knee, incline or vertical push ups instead of directly starting by lying on the floor. This will help your muscles to get free and will also build strength. Below given is the step by step standard ground push up manner –
- Lie on floor on a towel or exercise mat
- The toes should remain on floor, pointed towards your upper body
- Your body over hands (palms down at chest level) and legs and fingertips at shoulder level
- Your hands should remain close to your body (you can spread your hands out further for different muscle building), but this is the basic one
- Head at upright position (look forward and not down)
- Slowing start the push up with arms gaining strength smoothly
- Keep the body straight and no bending of legs or back
- Hold the upright position for seconds
- Go slowly to the ground and go back to original position
- Do this dips for several time and lie down on floor with face towards the ceiling, hands resting at both the sides and legs resting apart from each other
One important thing that you need to consider is the straight position of your body without which you cannot perform perfect push ups. Do not try to come up first. Create perfect position, hold it and then go slowly towards the ground. Keep your body straight to reduce the risk of injury that can affect your back.
If you are facing any injury in your muscles then avoid push ups as this can tear the muscle further. Consult your physician for advice. Do not drop yourself suddenly from up portion to down as this can bring sudden bruising or other risk. If full push up seems difficult to perform then do not force yourself. Try easier push up by bending knees. If you have knee problem then use incline or vertical push up that could ease your body.