Names of the brand, even though very simple, cannot be quickly recollected, unless the mind is triggered by something. That something, as marketers have identified, is a slogan, which imprints the brand in the minds of the listener. Ever since the slogans were first introduced, creativity and wittiness have been constantly used to stand out from the rest.
Some of the all time popular advertising slogans, which people might remember for eternity, are:
- Nokia: Connecting People
- Kit Kat: Have a Break, Have a Kit Kat
- American Express: Don’t Leave Home Without It
- MasterCard: There are some things money can’t buy. For everything else, there’s MasterCard.
- Nike: Just Do It
- Carlsberg: Probably the best beer in the world
However, these advertising slogans were made many years ago, some of them decades ago. Every year, there are a number of new products, services, and companies that come up with new slogans, and some just revive the old ones.
Some of the popular advertising slogans of 2011 are mentioned below :
- Robinsons: A lot from a drop
- Euro Sport: All Sport. All Emotions.
- Old Spice Deodorant: Become one of the freshest smelling places on earth
- New Era Caps: Fly your own flag
- Tracker: Forewarned. Forearmed. Forever.
- Alpecin Caffeine: German engineering for your hair
- Fruit Shoot:Hydro Up
- Nissan Micra: In sync with the city
- Lexus: Join the quiet revolution
- New Balance 1080: Let’s make excellent happen
- Dettol: Mission for health
- Heineken: Open your world
- Petron: We Fuel Success
- Bridgestone: Your journey, our passion
- Samsung Galaxy Ace: Where the possible begins
- Cotswold Outdoor: We’re never far away
- Sun Chips: The tastiest snack you’ve never tried
In order to make your brand known and visible, it is important to create a slogan or a tagline that is effective and appeals to the customers. It isn’t a shortcut to success. It is a necessity. A perfect tagline or a slogan is the one that is memorable, conveys the message effectively, and is different from the rest. Yet, it shouldn’t be too lengthy to remember.